Thursday, January 5, 2017

The Benefits of Streaming Workouts from Home

I currently subscribe to two different online streaming programs for workouts. One is Beachbody on Demand, which offers me a lot of variety in workouts and the other is MyYogaWorks (I started this subscription before Beachbody added a yoga program to their streaming service. It's debatable how long I'll keep this one.) I wanted to take today to share with you why I choose to stream my workouts instead of go to a gym.


Before you get too far into this post, I think it's best to tell you that I have tried a variety of workouts over the past two years in the effort to find my perfect fit. I have gone to gyms, studios, and even bootcamp style workouts to figure out what works best for me. My ultimate favorite is pole fitness. However, that's not a doable option when there are no studios nearby. My next love is online streaming and I'm going to share why below.

I never have the deer in the headlights look that comes with going to the gym.
It may just be me, but I'm completely clueless when it comes to making the most out of my time at the gym. I know what most of the machines do and how they help your body. I can operate them with no problem. I simply have no idea where to start or how to get the most out of a gym session unless someone is guiding me along the way. I never feel this way when I stream my workouts. I pull up the options, select a program, and the trainer guides me through what to do for an effective workout.

I save time.
There's no car ride to the gym. I don't have to pack my bags. I don't even have to "schedule in" my workout if I don't want to. All I have to do is put on a supportive bra, pull up the streaming program, fill my water bottle, grab any equipment I need (mainly dumbbells and a mat), choose a workout, hit play. There's no traffic to account for, no need to worry about being on time, and no fear of someone cancelling on me.

I can wear what I want.
Most gyms have a dress code of some sort to follow. Some are more strict than others. When your home is your gym, you can workout in whatever you want. Get sweaty and want to take your top off? Go for it. Want to start in just your bra? No one will care (unless you have roommates). Are your booty shorts the only thing clean? Put them on and get to work!

Only the dogs can laugh at me.
This one may be taking it a bit far - I don't actually think people laugh at each other at the gym. However, the comfort of working out at home means you have less of an audience. For me, it means that my audience is two dogs who will give me quizzical looks (and possibly try to get in my way). If you're afraid what people will think of you at the gym, then working out at home gives you more peace of mind.

I have variety at my fingertips.
I get bored really easily. Online streaming gives me the option to stick with one program or to change it up when I get bored. I'm not even sure how many workouts I have at my fingertips with online streaming - I certainly haven't tried out every workout yet. The streaming service through Beachbody makes it really easy for me to find a workout that fits my mood.

In the long run, I save money.
This one is a big reason that I love working out at home. It normally costs me about $2.99 a week to stream workouts at home. When I compare this to the gym and studio memberships that I've had, I feel like I get more for my money through the streaming service. (And as if that wasn't a great deal to begin with, Beachbody is offering their streaming service at a discounted rate in January. Get in touch and I'll get you all the information about this great promotion! Or sign up for the free crockpot challenge that starts next week. I'll be sharing a quick overview during that event as well!)

I have fewer excuses.
It's a lot harder to make excuses when your living room is also your gym. Traffic, time, money, laundry are no longer valid excuses because you can literally workout in whatever is clean and it'll only take you around 30 minutes total. Most people can find 30 minutes in a day to spare for their health.

Keep in mind that these are the reasons I enjoy streaming my workouts. Streaming certainly isn't for everyone. My biggest advice when it comes to fitness programs is to keep trying until you find one that fits for you. Everyone is different - some need the extra commitment that comes with going to a gym while others need something they can do at home. Look into all of your options and try the ones that interest you. You never know which one is going to be your workout soulmate!

Have you ever tried working out at home? Were you successful?

Launch week isn't over yet! I've put together a launch week goodie pack filled with some of the health and fitness printables I've made over the past two years just for you. There are meal planners, trackers, goal setting worksheets, and even a coloring page included in this pack. So, before you go, don't forget to grab your launch week goodie pack!

No comments:

Post a Comment